Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 364

"How was your day?"

It's good - I replied unenthusiastically.
Nothing interesting happened? - the usual followup question, in which normally at this point, it is an invitation for me to start my verbal diarrhoea -
Well, L walked in today and mentioned about the Kitchen Tea she attended on Sunday and how there is a hiccup - I go on to reiterate the story - until 30 seconds later, watching the slow morphing of his face into an expressionless statue, knowing he's spaced out, and remembering I am not supposed to talk about weddings and marriage, gave a brief conclusion of the end of the story.

This I believe is not entirely my fault; I was just relating an interesting story across to him. Thank Goodness I will not have to see nor speak with him the next few days makes it easier to avoid the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment