Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 343

What would you like for Christmas?

I honestly do not need anything, nor do I want anything. I told your mom I'd like some pot plants because that's probably the only thing you've prohibited me to buy due to them being costly.

Please sweetie, let's not spend too much on Christmas this year as we might have to start saving for next year - or you can buy me a ring.


I caved - again. The whole weekend, conversations of us seem to have molded into the understanding that we are already all family; me and them I mean. I suppose things were a little frisky between me and his dad when we got into a debate about an issue which we - once again - agree to disagree. Even our upcoming holiday to Tasmania is a family vacation, but not once did he mention to his parents that he is going to ask me properly.

Frustrating, yes. I don't want anything except a token of your commitment for Christmas, unless it's the $1190 Provence Antique Armchair


or a Kitchenaid Mixmaster,


or a mirror



OR a ring. I secretly do want a ring; To proclaim our commitment and love to each other. I am sounding desperate, but it's not that at all. It doesn't seem to matter to me because we are already loving and living the happy married life, but for my parents' sake. I am feeling a little clucky, and he knows it's got to be the way of tying the knot first, just so to keep my mum and dad off my back on this issue for eternity. It is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment